A challenge of #RuleML2015, August 2-5, 2015 Berlin
- Paper and result submission: May 23, 2015
- Author Notification: June 6, 2015
- Challenge: 3-5 Aug, 2015
The TaskThe participating systems are requested to find and recommend a limited set of 5 items that best match a user profile.
- The participants will be provided with a semantically enriched version of the MovieLens dataset.
- It is mandatory that a participating solution either uses the linked open data cloud to further extend the feature set or is a rule-based classifier. Both options simultaneously are preferred.
- A scorer is provided by the organizers so that the participants can check their progress.
- Challenge submission will consist of the set of additional recommendations (top-5 movies) for each user from the train dataset and a file containing the rules that lead to the prediction (rule based classifiers only, PMML RuleSet model preferred but not required).
Judging and PrizesFour prizes, totalling to 500 USD, will be given:
- best recommender performance will be given to the paper with the highest score in the evaluation (main prize)
- most understandable ruleset (only rule-based submissions eligible)
- best aggregate diversity
- most original approach, selected by the Challenge Program Committee with the reviewing process
Rule Challenge 2015 proceedings will be published as CEUR Proceedings and indexed by SCOPUS.
- Jaroslav Kuchař (Czech Technical University, Prague)
- Tommaso di Noia (Politecnico di Bari, Italy)
- Heiko Paulheim (University Mannheim, Germany)
- Tomáš Kliegr (University of Economics, Prague)
The annual International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML) is an international conference on research, applications, languages and standards for rule technologies. RuleML is the leading conference to build bridges between academia and industry in the field of rules and its applications, especially as part of the semantic technology stack.
- Conference URL: http://2015.ruleml.org
- Conference hashtag: #RuleML2015
- Organization Website: http://www.ruleml.org
- RuleML Blog & Social Mediazine: http://blog.ruleml.org