The purpose of the Reasoning Web Summer School is to disseminate recent advances on reasoning techniques which are of particular interest to Semantic Web and Linked Data applications. It is primarily intended for postgraduate (PhD or MSc) students, postdocs, young researchers, and senior researchers wishing to learn about Reasoning on the Semantic Web and related issues.
The summer school is co-located with RR2015, RuleML 2015 and CADE-25, hence, there will be a great opportunity for students to also attend a major event in the area after the school. In addition, RR and RuleML will also include a Doctoral Consortium and students of RW are particularly encouraged to also apply to the Doctoral consortium of RR and RuleML - joint applications are explicitly encouraged.
- Application deadline: May 10, 2015
- Notifications: June 1, 2015
The number of attendees will be limited and participation will depend on submitting an application which will undergo a reviewing process.
Applications have to be submitted via Easychair using the following URL and by selecting the "RW2015" track: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rw2015
The program of the school will include a poster session, where students can present and discuss their ongoing research with lecturers and colleagues. Applicants who wish to participate in the poster session shall tick the "participation in poster session" group and include a poster title and abstract with their application submission.
A selection of students attending RW will have the possibility to also attend the RR and RuleML Doctoral Consortium with the opportunity to present their poster in a regular session of RR 2015 and RuleML 2015. Students interested to be considered in this selection process should indicate it in their application.
Students applying to RW are encouraged to submit also to the RR Doctoral Consortium, which will have proceedings and a mentoring lunch. Applications must be submitted in PDF format not exceeding 2 pages (min. font size 11pt) and contain the following information:
- Name, contact details
- Motivation for participation
- Summary of profile
- Willing to present a poster? (if yes, add a poster title and abstract)
- Willing to be considered for RR/RuleML 2015 Doctoral Consortium?
- Supervisor (if applicable)
- Publications (if applicable)
The fee for attending the school is 450 Euros (for registered RR 2015 or RuleML 2015 participants, it is 350 Euros).
The course material used during the summer school will be published with Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. A copy of the proceedings will be included in the registration fees.
There will be a limited number of student grants available for the summer school and for the co-located RR2015 conference.
- Wolfgang Faber (University of Huddersfield, UK)
- Adrian Paschke (Freie Universitaet berlin, Germany)
Scientific Advisory Board
- Grigoris Antoniou (University of Huddersfield)
- Nick Bassiliades (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Diego Calvanese (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano)
- Thomas Eiter (Vienna University of Technology)
- Tim Furche(Oxford University)
- Pascal Hitzler (Wright State University)
- Sebastian Rudolph (Technische Universität Dresden)
For further information including sponsorship opportunities, please contact the organizing chairs.