The seminar was organized by Jose Hernandez-Orallo (Technical University of Valencia, ES), Stephen H. Muggleton (Imperial College London, GB), Ute Schmid (Universität Bamberg, DE), and Benjamin Zorn (Microsoft Research, Redmond, US).
This was the 6th AAIP meeting which was previously co-located as workshop with ICML 2005, ECML 2007, ICFP 2009, PPDP/LOPSTR 2011 and was continued as a Dagstuhl Seminar in 2013.
The presentations covered several aspects of inductive programming, especially:
- General techniques,
- Languages and systems for inductive logic and inductive functional programming,
- End-user programming, programming by example and applications,
- Program synthesis and transformation, and
- Cognitive aspects of induction.
The program was accompanied by system tutorials and demos for Metagol, MagicHaskeller, Igor, Flip, FlashMeta SDK, and Sketch. Abstracts of all presentations and of outcomes of several working groups are collected in the Dagstuhl Report (DOI:10.4230/DagRep.5.10.89). A description of current methods in inductive programming is given in the Communication of the ACM publication Inductive Programming Meets the Real World. The website www.inductive-programming.org provides additional information and material.
25. – 30. Oktober 2015, Dagstuhl Seminar 15442